JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
We at RIC Timberhomes strive to give clients upmarket carpentry work at reasonable prices.
“CHOOSING A TIMBER BUILDING SHOWS THAT YOU CARE ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT AND OUR PLANET!!”
RIC TIMBER HOMES offers a complete range of timber construction methods, including timber frame, log profile cladding, Vermont plank, post and beam and interlocking double tongue & groove heavy solid log. Interior finishes can be customized to any desired texture and colour, including fibre cement board, fire stop gypsum board or timber cladding.
RIC TIMBER HOMES builds all over South Africa and abroad and the Heavy Solid Log Interlocking Tongue & Groove product is gaining popularity in the export market.
The RIC TIMBER HOMES team takes pride in crafting every project to fit your individual needs, budget and aesthetic requirements.
RIC TIMBER HOMES guarantees quality finishes and craftsmanship with an employee profit sharing
enterprise resulting in a dedicated and motivated workforce committed to exceeding our client’s
RIC TIMBER HOMES was established in 2006 by founder member and owner Riaan van Rensburg
- Timber Homes
- Planning, Design & Outlay
- Wooden Floors
Wooden cabins are introduced to the market, due to its lasting durability, exceptional advantages and versatility.
Extensive research has resulted in an environmentally friendly material. It’s a natural, sustainable and easy accessible material. That don’t need chemicals to manufacture and its footprint, is green. Therefore not adding to the everlasting carbon footprint, other materials leaf on the planet.
Timber Frame Construction
Timber frame construction is the most common form of construction and is rapidly gaining popularity, because:
- its lightweight and strong
- very durable
- suited for all climate conditions
- totally environmentally-friendly
- extremely thermal efficient
- internationally accepted method of construction
- versatile (additions, alterations, decking, double storey)
Benefits of timber frame construction
- Extremely energy efficient – Hollow wall cavities, ceilings and floor, are insulated and therefore decreased fossil fuel heating needs. (Saving on electricity!!)
- Thermal efficiency is as much as 6 to 8 times greater than masonry construction.
- Well suited to unstable soil conditions, such as clay and sand.
- Erection completion is almost a 1/³ of conventional brick and mortar.
- Provides an endless choice of finishes from interior linings to exterior cladding.
- Light weight but very strong and durable.
- Inaccessible plots pose few problems for timber buildings.
- Timber buildings are carbon sinks. Trees absorb and store carbon dioxide while they grow. The carbon dioxide is therefore stored in the sawn timber, for the lifespan of the building.
- Require much lower processing energy. Carbon footprint
- Environmentally friendly and therefore ideally suited for all plots. Very little disturbance to the existing vegetation and eco-sensitive.
- Minimizing site excavation and costly access wit heavier materials.
- Many of these building materials have fire ratings of up to 2 hours and vastly improve the buildings resistance.
Advantages of Timber frame buildings
- “Wood’s thermal efficiency means timber frame houses use less energy to heat or cool, therefore always keeps your timber house cool in summer and warm in winter…”
- Wood is a natural building material and leaf a ‘green’ footprint on the environment.
- Wood sealants are water resistant, water repellant and treat fungus.
- Material is always available.
- Construction and assembly can be done on site or been manufactured beforehand too safe on time span.
- Pricing outbids any other building material and are therefore saving on the clients behalf.
- One tree is cut and 2 trees are planted.
- When wood is treated, it has up to 5 times higher fire-resistant rating than conventional brick and mortar.
Timber Frame Buildings
a. Assembly of timber frame homes is cut to almost a third of conventional brick and mortar time span. Timber frames can be manufactured in advance and just assembled on site. Thus, a management house can be completed in as little as 7 to 14 days.
- There are various types off cladding on the outside of a timber frame home, e.g.:
- Half Logs
- Ship Logs
- Vermont eve rite cladding system
- Tong and groove wood locking system, etc.
- On the inside of the timber frame home, various types of finishing exists, e.g.:
- PVC wall panels (suited for bathrooms as well)
- Ply board system
- Dry walling
- Timber closure
“Foundation” consists of a concrete slab or is elevated, onto a gum pole, bearer and joist system.
- Roof can be build at various pitches and with a vast number of closures, eg:
- Onduline – glass fiber bitumen tiles (very versatile)
- Corrugated or IBR zinc
- Cromadek sink
- Wooden boards, etc
- Cottage pane windows and doors will be used. These beautiful cottage windows, truly ads to the beauty and have advantages e.g.: security, small glass to replace, should there be a broken one, which is cost effective and durable.
The warmth and beauty of wood speaks for itself.
‘A Timber Frame house is everlasting, good value for money and surely an asset to any company who takes pride in their employees and is serious about what they do’.
WORK CURRENTLY IN PROGRESS – 17 SANDPIPER STREET THREE RIVERS EAST VEREENIGING
|Back||Back to top|